7.06.2006

Overwhelmed

When was the last time you felt overwhelmed with responsibilities....not just busy, but truly feeling like you couldn't possibly do what you needed to do in the time you had? I'm there. I woke up early this morning, not because I wanted to, but because I was suddenly hit with a sense of panic about what's on my plate in the next three weeks. I won't go into details here because what's on my plate is of no interest to you. What may be of interest to you is this question: How good are you at creating boundaries and maintaining a healthy pace? I'm never great at it, but right now I feel like I may be the world's worst example of time, life and work management. Believe me, I'm not sharing this as some sick, twisted 'look at me...I'm so busy and important' type of testimony. I'm embarrassed that I find myself almost resenting the ministry I love so much for no other reason than my own inability to properly lead my team and manage my time. AARRGGHHH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just described my first 20 minutes lying in bed before I got up this morning. My mind went to a ton of little things that have to be done soon and then went to the BIG things that have to be done soon. It's a good thing my laptop wasn't next to my bed because I probably would have typed my resignation letter! But then I got up and recognized that all that stuff is definitely there and real. And I need to come up with a plan of attack to tackle it.

Anonymous said...

What I have on my plate is all I can think about. Last night in the minutes before my sermon (durning praise and worship), what was I thinking about>>>? NOT MY GOD or my SERMON! But - Everything from, deadlines, upcomming events, leadership issues, ideas for improvement, frustration with student spiritual growth, budget issues and wishing I had time off....so i echo you Kurt....ARRRGGGHHHH

Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassed that I find myself almost resenting the ministry I love so much for no other reason than my own inability to properly lead my team and manage my time.


Dude, those words have been sticking with me since the moment I read them. There is so much here. I feel stuck in a space time warp continuum and want my way out BAD!!! Would love to talk more about this but am far too ashamed.

Anonymous said...

Tears well in my eyes as I listen to your heart cry. If this is true of me... It is more true with our Father. MEN OF GOD! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT AND GODLY THING in all YOU DO! GOD sees you and knows the service you give to all the saints in Christ Jesus. He will not forget. I surfed the net looking for ideas for a writing assignment I have on "When Overwhelmed by Life's Responsibilities." Honestly, what do you do? Where do you go? To whom do you turn to?