My son, Cole, and I are going to an Angels game tonight with my friend, Ron, and his daughter. Abby is a super great little girl who is about 3 years younger than Cole. Their family has been one of our best friends for years. I'm thinking tonight could be the night Ron and I shake hands and finalize the arranged marriage.
- I will have good relationship with my son's in-laws.
- Cole won't have to go through all the dating junk.
- We can set a wedding date now and have about a dozen years to save and plan.
- Our kids will resent us.
- What do we do if they don't like each other a few years from now?
- Arranged marriages are soooo last year.
- They want 13 heads of cattle as a trade, and I only have 10.
I guess we'll just watch the game instead.