8.01.2006

A True Day Off!

Because the next couple of weeks are super crazy and won't allow me any down time, I decided to make yesterday, my day off, a TRUE day off. My idea of a true day off doesn't include crazy family plans like packing the car up for a two hour drive to the mountains for a picnic and then a hike followed by trying to feed live bears. Those types of outings only serve to leave me more tired than when we began. My idea of a true day off consists of doing a bunch of random, primarily lazy things. Thus, yesterday was a really good day off! My day:

- Slept in until about 9:00 and then laid in bed until about 10:30 watching television.

- Volunteered to drive my daughter to her friends house.

- Came home and laid in bed with Rachel and Cole until about noon.

- Drove Through McDonald's to get something for Cole and then took that to Charro Chicken.

- Walked around a used furniture consignement store.

- Went home and spent two hours cleaning nasty dog hair out of the used car we just bought.

- Hung out with the family until about 7:00.

- Went to see Miami Vice with some friends (I liked it....for what it was).

- Came home and spent some alone time with God.

- Fell asleep.

- Had a dream in which I had 'Taylor Hicks' hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kurt...

I'm currently on the rare thing that a youth minister gets...vacation. I'm glad that you had a good break. Good luck with that Taylor Hicks dream (awkward)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kurt Check out this link.

Taylor has something to tell you.

Anonymous said...

Joshua michael....Too funny!