10.07.2006

Crazy Day at NYWC

Today was my busy day at the National Youth Workers Convention. Really, it started last night with a late night 'Junior High Idea Lab'. Then, I was scheduled to speak twice today....the first of which was slated for 8:00 a.m.

My friend and co-worker, Matt Hall, woke me up at 8:02 a.m. We had set the alarm clock AND asked for a wake up call as a safety precaution. Both failed to work. I'm sure I set the alarm clock wrong, but have no idea why the wake up call never happened! One of my life fears is to be late to a speaking appointment. Our friends who had agreed to meet us at the workshop called Matt's cell phone to ask where we were...it was that phone call that woke us up and saved the day. Our hotel is about 1/2 mile away from the convention center. We woke up from a dead sleep at 8:02 and managed to make it to my workshop by 8:14! Luckily, everybody else runs late to the morning workshops so it was really no big deal.

I made it through that workshop and through the 2.5 'super session' later this afternoon. All in all it was a great day...but what a goofy way to get it started!

Things I will post about tomorrow:
- The 'Bat' Bridge
- Deep fried green beans
- 'faux hawks' (Fo Hawks????)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

faux is correct.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's awesome. 12 minutes from bed to workshop....impressive.

Anonymous said...

The Deep Fried Green Beans and "Bat Bridge" are definitely worthy of a post...

Thank you for all the insight you brought in
"Freaks, Geeks, and Squirrels".

Anonymous said...

My worst nightmare as well is sleeping in. I did it a few years ago at a summer camp, they still won't let me live it down. 12 minutes is incredible!