11.30.2006

Hoops Of Hope

Austin Gutwein, the 13 year old son of my friend Dan, started a really fantastic little ministry a few years ago when he was only 10. Hoops Of Hope is a one day shoot-a-thon that raises money for children across the globe that have been orphaned by HIV/AIDS.

What started out as one 10-year old boy shooting baskets to raise awarness has now grown into a nation-wide fundraiser that takes place on the weekend of Worlds Aids Day. This year, NBC is doing a 15 minute national news segment on Austin and Hoops of Hope. Sadly, since I'm at Y.S., I'm going to miss the event in our area that my wife heads up.

The next Hoops of Hope event won't be until next year, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case you are looking for a fun, easy, and impactful event for your students to partcipate in.

No comments: