Oh, The Good 'Ol Days...
Today in a meeting, we somehow went down a very fun rabbit trail. We started recalling all the traditions, sayings, activities, approaches to ministry etc. from the churches we grew up in and even from the youth ministries we've been a part of. Here are just a few....add your own to the list.
- Singing "In The Round"
- Extending the "Right Hand of Fellowship" to new church members.
- Overhead projectors.
- Being driven around in the back of the youth pastor's pick up truck while Christmas caroling.
- Hearing the phrase "backsliding" as part of our vernacular.
- Goldfish swallowing contests.
- Showing students "physical affection" in the form of swirlees, wedgies, noogies, charlie horses, pink bellies etc.