12.11.2006

Weekend Wrap Up

Attendance: Below Average
Lesson Topic: Week Three of 'Play It!' (PERFECTION...how to be perfect)
'Fun Factor': Average
Volunteer Involvement: Above Average
Music: Below Average
Lesson Quality: Average
Length of Lesson: 21.5 minutes
Student Response: Above Average

This weekend felt like a roller coaster. Some parts of it were really fun and worked well and other parts missed the mark. Most of what missed the mark was stuff I was responsible for!
We played a game around the game 'perfection' to set up the lesson (my idea...) that was so boring we had to cut it after Saturday night. The lesson (my lesson...) was way too long and complicated on Saturday night so I tried to re-tool and shorten it for Sunday which made it better, but not real strong. I'm sad about that because I really did put a lot of time into it, but I tried to compare perfection in the world's eyes vs. perfection in God's eyes and how an imperfect world really puts a ton of pressure on us while a perfect God who deserves perfection has provided a way out.......even typing this I can't figure out quite why it didn't work as well as it could have. Our music seemed to really struggle. It was mainly due to a good thing: A few first time players.

But, we were saved by a fun Santa and Elf appearance to run a game as well as the knowledge that my lesson was a gospel presentation that several students responded to and asked some follow up questions about.

No comments: