2.18.2007

Kenya Bound

At 5:30 this morning, I hugged my daughter as she boarded a bus bound for the airport. She's joining a team of about 35 others for a two week mission trip to Kenya. She is one of only three junior highers on the team that will spend it's time at health care clinics, training church leaders and running a camp for street kids. I'm fairly laid-back and not easily shaken, but I was still suprised at how easy it was for me to wave good bye to my 7th grader as she headed off for what, without question, is one of the biggest events of her young life. She hasn't always shown a ton of interest in missions, and she certainly isn't some sort of spiritual super star. She's just a 12 year old kid who felt God tugging at her heart to do something. And I'm tearing up just writing about it.

2 comments:

Loko Rocks said...

Wow...that is awesome that your daughter is serving our Lord overseas. I will be praying for her, and your family while she is gone. Praying that the Lord will protect her, and her group, and that the Lord will use her in a mighty way!! Thanks for all you do for our youth.

Danny Bowers said...

hey kurt just thought i would let you know i prayed for you today & your daughter...hang in there man