4.05.2007

The Middle School Blogosphere

A few months ago I read somewhere (how's that for credible research?) that only 2% of young teens have ventured into the world of blogging. For a while that stat felt about right, but it seems like, at least in our youth group and within a certain group of kids, the number is rising. I wouldn't call my daughter, Kayla, an early adaptor but she created a blog this week and seems to really be into it. She even has a little journal where she writes down her ideas for upcoming posts.

I'm interested to see if blogging becomes a middle school trend.

7 comments:

Dan said...

My middle school girls do pretty often on myspace, but the guys aren't really interested. Girls and social networking/relationships are inseparable. It's almost becoming the modern day diary.
It has been an eye opener to see what the few middle school guys are saying in comments to the girls.

'neice said...

Our parents are still very much involved with how much internet time the kids get and where they go so none of our JHers (and it's a pretty small group) have a blog or MySpace. One of our girls has a computer in her room...but no internet connection so if she needs on it is in the family room with her mom.

Anonymous said...

oh i definatley think it will be. so many wildisde students have made them in the past few days... jessie even said it's like the new wildside trend

jessie estupinan said...

ha ha, anonymous said my name.

and yes Kurt, it is so going to be amazing.

I am just waiting for Myspace to be over rulled.

=]

Allison said...

I love to read the blogs of JHers. I feel like it's a great way to connect with their lives on a daily basis.

elise! said...

hahaha jess the anonymous was me... i just didn't feel like signing in when i commented... :)

jessie estupinan said...

ohh, ha ha, no wonder!!