10.12.2007

Random Randomness

- Best quote from the Office this season: "I'm not super stitious, but I am a little stitious".

- Second Best: "There's about to be a whole lot of stupid up in here!"

- I found a GREAT coffee shop about two miles from the church yesterday. I'd heard of it before, but had never been there. It's big, empty, with a super cool atmosphere and vibe. I spent 10 hours there writing 5 small group lessons, editing 4 others and working on a weekend message.

- Next week, I have to write 5 lessons on the life of Moses....I've never taught on him before (other than 10 commandments or quick overview), so I'm a little apprehensive.

- Anybody going to Y.S. in San Diego next weekend? Maybe a dinner gathering of JH workers?

- Today I was given my very own hard hat so I can walk around our Student Zone job site whenever I want. When I commented that it didn't look super sturdy the response was: "These are really just for looks to please the insurance company. Anything that hits your head hard enough to kill you will kill you even if you have a hard hat. " Not real comforting.

- Funny that we're teaching a three-week series on the proper way to handle conflict. I am an avoider of conflict and when I find myself in it, I rarely handle it properly. I'm doing most of the teaching, but may be doing most of the learning, too.

15 comments:

Steve's Cycle Trips & more... said...

Would love dinner together with other JH (Middle School) workers while in SanDiego. I missed the get together in MI and would love to connect. sbellingar@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm in for dinner! Anyone else there early for a Critical Concerns Course? I'm comming down a day before the rest of my staff and would love to hook up with some folks on Thursday night.
mike@tbclodi.com

Ryan Nielsen said...

Hey everyone!!!

I would love to connect as well for dinner.

Mike - I will be there early as I am going to Critical Concerns, and even if no one else is available, maybe we could get dinner on Thursday night???

let me know what is planned.
uthpastor@pastor2youth.com

Steve said...

I'll be in town from Tues afternoon through the following Tues. So any day will work for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm game on a JH Worker dinner in SD...let me know when and where...dnelson@ancbt.org 907-350-4308

Kurt Johnston said...

Hey gang...Let's plan on a Sunday night dinner. I'm sure some people will have already headed out of town, but that's the only time that works for me.

So...How about Sunday evening BEFORE the general session then we'll get to general session a tad late? Let's meet at the SimplyYouthMinistry booth in the exhibit hall at 5:30. If the exhibit hall is closed we'll just meet by the exhibit hall doors.

Feel free to spread the word to any other junior high youth workers who may want to join us.

kj

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to San Diego. I was in Cinci last year as well. I would love to connect about Jr High Ministry. I am in my second year of leading my church's Jr. High students in Toronto so, I am always looking to get advice from those who have more experience.
Adam

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

4gIvdX Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!