2.05.2008

Soul Searching


I haven't read the book in it's entirety, so I thought the movie would be a good way to get to the bigger findings. It's about a year old, so I'm coming a little late to the party...but better late than never. Soul Searching; A Movie About Teenagers and God is based on the book Soul Searching by Christian Smith and Melinda Denton. I watched it last week while I was away for a couple of days and enjoyed it.
I would say that there was lots of interesting, somewhat eye-opening, but not jaw-dropping information. While studies like these always have their faults, there are always plenty of nuggets of truth to be found. After watching it, I felt a sense of hope for America's youth and honored to be playing a small role in their spiritual development. Perhaps you've missed out on seeing this little documentary, too. If that's the case I think it's well worth your time.

No comments: