2.11.2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Lesson Topic: Week One of our Series 'I <3 Technology'
Attendance: Above Average
'Fun Factor': Above Average
Volunteer Involvement: Below Average
Music: Above Average
Lesson Quality: Above Average, but below average (no, that doesn't make it average!)
Length of Lesson: 24 mins
Student Response: Average

This weekend we kicked off what I hope will be a really fun and different series. Our 'I <3 Technology' series will use various aspects of technology as a backdrop (read object lesson) each week. We kicked it off with the internet and used it as a backdrop for a lesson on the subject of how do you know what's true, how do you 'filter' all the information you are exposed to etc.
I think the idea was excellent, my creativity was high, my delivery strong, but my content was fairly week....even for an entry level junior high program.
But games were fun, music was wonderful, there were tons of students in attendance and we did a great job programming the whole event around our theme.

No comments: