I don't know if there really is a 'record' when it comes to blogging, but if there is, I want this to be on it: When I blog or post remarks on other blogs, I do so in an 'I'm just thinking out loud' posture.
I realize that what I write does, in fact, represent what went through my head but what goes through my head doesn't always represent something that stayed in my head for very long. So if I ever write anything dumb (as if I haven't already a hundered times), or controversial (which isn't typically my nature), or that you disagree with (which hopefully WILL happen) I will never say I didn't write it. I will, however remind you that 'the record' states that such thoughts are really just that, and not much more.
That being said, I think:
- John Elway is the greatest QB to ever play the game.
- Living in California justifies the high price of homes.
- It's weird that a massive corporation like Walmart gets slammed by the media and those on the left while a massive corporation like Starbuck's goes untouched. I guess giving .01 per bottle of water sold to Africa gets them off the hook. That, and the the possibility that the real reason is because people are terrified a Walmart may open in their posh neighborhoods and attract the type of worker that they supposedly care so much about. This could cause them to gag on their grande frap. After all, big business is only bad if it's a big business that you don't frequent.
- Elmo is the best children's television character ever created.
- Neither the church nor youth ministry is in as big a mess as some think it is.
- The reason fewer and fewer people believe in truth is because fewer and fewer of us are willing to define and defend it.
- My buddy, Gary Hunt, who is in his late 50's and still in full-time junior high ministry is the greatest youth worker that nobody has ever heard of (except of course the students in his community that he has been faithfully serving for so many years).
- Today is a great day to grab a Starbuck's and head off to Walmart to shop for jeans.