1.29.2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Attendance: Above Average
Lesson Topic: So, What's a Christian?
'Fun Factor': Above Average
Volunteer Involvement: Average
Music: Above Average
Lesson Quality: Average
Length of Lesson: 22.5 minutes
Student Response: Above Average

This past weekend was our annual "Reach Weekend" and it was great! Lots of students brought first-time friends with them. Saturday night, we had a few technical glitches that could have really set us off on the wrong foot, but our team did a great job of switching gears and going with the flow. The students had no idea that some of the stuff we had planned didn't work out.

At the end of my 'gospel presentation' I asked each student to circle a letter on their card letting us know where they are in their spiritual journey and friendship with God. The whole message was geared toward helping students understand what a Christian really is. At the end, I asked kids to share their response based on the definition of Christianity as I had described it. The options were:

A = I am ALREADY a Christian
B = BEGINNING today, I want to be a Christian
C = CAN'T decide! I don't know for sure if I am interested...I'm still wondering
D = DON'T ever think I will want to be a Christian

My goal for this was really just two fold: first, to give students an opportunity to put their trust in Christ for the first time and Begin a walk with him. Second, it was to take a spiritual temperature of our students, so we can better meet their needs as a whole. We don't have all the results yet, but I'm interested to see where we land and how it may effect some of our future large group weekend plans.

No comments: