3.14.2007

Random Ramblings

- Don't know why I didn't post yesterday. Actually I do know: The thought never crossed my mind.

- 300 may be the best 'manly movie' I've ever seen. It probably isn't what you want to see on your next date night, but if you're looking for a great movie to see with the guys, this is it!

- Is it consistent to be concerned about the environment but not really concerned about global warming? Because I am and I am not really.

- Just got word that 'My Faith' is already in its second printing. I thought it would sell well because of the subject matter, but this still feels surprising. 'My Family' isn't selling as well which isn't as surprising.

- A whole crew of ours is preparing to camp out all night at a grand opening of Chic-Fil-A. The first 100 people in line get 52 coupons for a free combo meal. That's one free meal a week for an entire year! I love Chic-Fil-A, but the idea of camping out in a parking lot all night just doesn't sound fun to me any more. Certainly a sign of middle age.

- I haven't had a soda of any kind in over a month. I've lost a few pounds and feel amazing. Now, if I can just get off the sweet tea. Wait, free combo meals at Chic-Fil-A means free sweet tea. I gotta grab my sleeping bag!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I miss Chick-Fil-A..... Hasn't been one in Springfield for about 10 years, about the same time we moved back from Atlanta.

sigh....

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about the environment. I would say that I care, but do I do anything to make a difference? no. Tell the people who live in the North East that global warming is a real danger, when it's -10 degrees for a week straight and they havnt seen the sun in month.

Also, 300 was FREAKING AWESOME! thanks for the invite.

Brent said...

I'm a bit disappointed that you nor your whole crew showed at the opening. It made me sad.