I'm wrestling with these issues in our ministry right now. A few feel like age-old struggles that I should have figured out by now or that I should realize will never be figured out. I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of them:
- How realistic is it to have a working 6 year teaching plan that corresponds with the high school ministry? It sounds great...to make sure we cover what we want etc. but also feels confining.
- Would you ever use sophomores or juniors in high school in leadership positions in your middle school ministry? If so, in what capacities? We currently only use seniors, but find ourselves turning away really great students who are younger.
- What's the longest series you've ever taught in your junior high ministry? Occassionaly we do six-week series (usually as part of a church-wide campaign), but they feel so stinkin' long.
- How much is too much to charge for Summer Camp? Currentyly, we charge almost $400.00 for 5 nights at camp. Attendance is down a little this year and I'm beginning to wonder if 'traditional' Summer Camp needs to be re-evaluated.
- How can the church break the cycle of overworking our best, most willing, volunteers?