4.14.2008

Monday Miscellaneous

- I was traveling yesterday from the Willow Creek conference so didn't attend our junior high program but heard it was a great weekend.

- I did get home just in time for our annual small group frisbee golf tournament. Kids sign up to play with their small group and we make a nine-hole course around the campus. Good time.

- Today my son, Cole, turns 11. He has really taken to guitar and we were told that a great way to encourage practice is to play along with favorite songs, which makes sense. We would never buy our 11 year old an iPod but that seemed like the best way for him to find individual songs that he would like to play along with without needing to buy an entire CD. So, we have an 11 year old with an iPod (but purely in the interest of encouraging his love for guitar).

- Has anybody out there played much of the Xbox 360 game 'Skate'? Cole showed me a demo of it last night and it looks amazing. Way better than Tony Hawk from the little I saw. Is it worth buying?

- Was very odd to board the plane yesterday morning in snow flurries and land in 91 degree heat wave sweeping So.Cal. I'm really not ready for Summer quite yet, but the heat does feel kinda good.

- Heading off to date day with Rachel which usually includes Chic-fil-A, walking around the mall and being lazy. I'm quite the romantic I've been told.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cole and I share a birthday, very cool. Happy bday Cole! And I agree...u r romantic Kurt!

David Hughes said...

I have heard that skate is amazing...and much better than the Tony Hawk series...

ampt said...

Skate is a great game It is difficult to learn at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is rad. I like it much better than TH

Anonymous said...

agreed; skate is definitely a class above tony hawk, and definitely has a new difficulty to it - drives mu nuts sometimes.

Anonymous said...

strangely enough, that is how my day off is spent with my wife! wouldn't have it any other way.

Brenda said...

couple of comments about Chik-fil-a... I'm from Michigan and couple of summers ago our YG headed south for Workcamp and went for the first time. We honestly thought it was pronounced Chick Filla.

And you gotta check this post http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/04/129-chick-fil.html. Prodigal Jon is one of my very fave bloggers and this one just cracked me up...

PS - we are using your Tuff Stuff series with our jr high small group - Lovin it!!!!!

Jim Ellis said...

spelled "chick-fil-a"

only reason I know, is cause one of my dedicated middle school volunteers owns the chick-fil-a hear in Sioux City Iowa...

oh what a glorious food chick-fil-a is...

AirEelle said...

So I read this blog I think last week and well on Sunday I had a new Middle School boy show up and of course I asked him what he likes to do and he said play video games so I asked which one is his favorite and he said Skate... because I had read your blog I asked him if it was really better than Tony Hawk or was that just a rumor and that opened up a 5 minute convo before our morning service!

All that to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this miscellaneous post!