6.22.2006

Good or God?

When I was in college I heard a sermon that has stuck with me ever since. Like most, this one pretty much lingers in my mind’s archives until an idea or opportunity presents itself which forces it to the forefront. In a nutshell, the sermon revolved around the idea that ‘Not every good idea is a God idea, but every God idea is a good idea!’ In the past 24 hours, I’ve had plenty of chances to ask myself “Is this a good idea or a God idea?” Ideas? It seems like I come up with a hundred a day! Opportunities? There’s no shortage.

I want my life to count. I want God’s kingdom to be a little broader because I chose to engage in his work. Bad ideas don’t slow me down; I’m smart enough to spot one and avoid it (most of the time). It’s the good ideas I want to steer clear of. That’s a big challenge in a ministry setting because just about every idea and opportunity seems like a good one. But I want to avoid settling for good ideas so I have time and energy to focus on God ideas…because God ideas are the best ones.

No comments: