6.21.2006

Two Thumbs Up


I'm going to give Nacho Libre two thumbs up for three reasons:

1) It was good.
2) It was, in a really fun and cute way, very pro faith.
3) I like the return of the family friendly PG movie that isn't a disney cartoon or a goofy 'homeward bound' type film. Nacho Libre isn't the first, but I think it's the best of the bunch so far. I'm not sure when it started (maybe cheaper by the dozen????), but in recent years it seems like Hollywood has finally realized that they can make really good movies that everybody likes. My whole family went to see Nacho Libre together and we weren't the only ones. The theater was full of middle-aged families...40 something parents seeing the movie with their teenage children. I think when producers decide to invest in a clean, fun movie that truly is for the entire family, parents should step up and support the effort.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you say that this is better than Napoleon?

Anonymous said...

Would you say it is better than Napoleon?

Anonymous said...

I thought ELF was another one of those really funny but clean movies...and a holiday film to boot! I can't wait till Friday, I'm going to see Nacho then!

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, another movie that everyone but me will love, and I'll spend more time than the subject deserves scratching my head, trying to figure out why people love Nacho Libre. I fear that it's Naploean Dynamite all over again. Spare me the madness...

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, another movie that everyone but me will love, and I'll end up spending more time than the subject deserves scratching my head, trying to figure out why everyone loves Nacho Libre. I fear that it is Napolean Dynamite all over again. Spare me the madness...

Anonymous said...

When I think of Kurt, I don't usually think "technology", but when I think of blogging, I will now think of Kurt. You are the Simply Junior Blogger.
P.S. - Please don't try and trademark the above.

Anonymous said...

The movie WAS good.

Plus, Nacho knows a crapload about the gospel.

JG

Anonymous said...

James...
You gotta see it before you get too worked up. I think there are some similarities to Napolean, but it's an entirely different movie. It actually has a point and it's a lot more fun.

Anonymous said...

saw it today. Awesome- you can recommend this to any of your youth and not have to worry about it. Plus, as Josh said, it does demonstrate that Ignacio (Jack Black) knows a crapload about the Gospel.