I'm pretty burned-out from a fantastic, but long, week of camp. I want nothing more than to go to bed very early and sleep in really late. But I play on our church softball team and we have our final game of the season tonight. We're already in the playoffs, we don't need to win, I'm one of the less skilled players on the team, and I'm having a pretty bad season. But I will be there tonight. I will play softball tonight, just like I do almost every Friday night because:
- I paid $65.00 to join the league and I want to get my money's worth (oohh, that just reminded me that I still owe my $65.00).
- Softball makes average athletes look better than they really are.
- One of my life-long goals is to hit the ball over the head of the outfielders (I'm not even close...any tips?).
- I get a kick out of the guys who take it super serious. You know, the dudes who show up in matching uniforms, sporting sliding pads, wearing TWO batting gloves when they hit, whooping it up after a victory.
- It serves as fun family time. Weird family time because I'm playing, my wife is in the bleachers talking to friends and my kids are running around the park.
- We usually go have really good pizza afterwards.
I wil play softball tonight.....I MUST play softball tonight.