The ladies in my family are at the mall, the boy in my family is at a buddies house and I'm relaxing in front of the t.v. watching the golf channel. Life is pretty good for the Johnston's! Lots of stuff running through my mind today:
- Had a dream last night that I was eating dinner with the entire Hilton family...Paris, Nicky, mom and dad. Mrs. Hilton was asking me how much money I give to missions projects each year and was fascinated by the whole idea of tithing and giving. I wonder if dreams actually mean anything or if they are completely random.
- Today I saw a fantastic example of conflict resolution between co-workers. Somebody recognized they had been hurtful and was quick to make it right and ask for forgiveness. It's refreshing to see Christians act like Christ!
- I attended both Kayla and Cole's classroom award ceremonies today. Man, I love my kids!
- We are about a week away from our annual student ministries staff retreat in Palm Springs. 4 days of relaxing with the team and their spouses. Good times.
- Beginning the last weekend of June, we are switching our weekend service times for junior high and high school. We'll be adding an additional Saturday night service and only having one on Sunday morning. It's going to be a HUGE adjustment for church families but should set us up to reach more students in our community.
- On the table under my television sits the entire set of DVDs for the British version of The Office. My brother-in-law loaned them to me several months ago and now that there is absolutely nothing worth watching on T.V. it may be a good time to check 'em out.