9.21.2007

Sometimes It's All In The Presentation


I spent some time browsing through this booklet produced by the U.S. Department of Education for parents of young teens. There's actually a whole lot of good stuff. Unfortunately, there's also a whole lot of really goofy looking illustrations. So bad, in fact, that I had a hard time getting past it.


It made me think about the 'look' of certain things in my ministry that I feel are really important. Are some things taken less seriously, or is my ministry deemed unprofessional, out of date, untrustworthy etc. simply by how aspects of it look?

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Of course - we just cleaned out a whole room of old curriculum (much of it never used) and props and stuff. Most of what I threw away or donated out of the church was determined solely because of it's "look". If the first picture I saw showed clothing or hair styles that indicated it was written when I was in high school, out it went.

You know, God has really grown up since then.... :)

Mike said...

That piece of ministry is one of the most frustrating for me. I know that if I don't have the Lit and Look of a ministry then I can't expect "Cold Call" appreciation of what we are doing. At the same time, I didn't go into ministry to spend my time in desk top publishing. So I tend to err on the too little or rely on national publications to communicate to the larger world.