10.01.2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Lesson Topic: Week One of our Series: Get Out Of My Face! (dealing with conflict)
'Fun Factor':
Above Average
Volunteer Involvement: Below Average
Music: Average
Lesson Quality: Above Average
Length of Lesson: 23.5
Student Response: Above Average

I was really excited about this series heading into it, and I think the first week went well. I used week one to set up the issue of conflict and talked about the reality that most people don't handle it well. I set the stage for next week's lesson on how to properly deal with it.

We seem to be having fewer and fewer weekend volunteers showing up which is disturbing. Not sure if they are easing back into the Fall or if we've simply managed to lose a few. It's definitely something we need to take a closer look into.

Music was 'average' not because of quality, but because of who was leading. Once every couple of months, we have an all student band of high schoolers leading in Junior High. I love giving them the opportunity, and they do a great job. It's just that I hate not having junior highers leading music! But it is fun to see the older students come and 'give back' to our ministry.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey Kurt. Larry Davis and I have noticed a drop in leadership as well. You're not alone! I like the series title! I also know what you mean about the band issue- cool to let them serve but the students don't relate as well to older students. Keep your head up!

Anonymous said...

Kurt, I'm a youth minister in Texas having similar problems with volunteer leaders. Wondering if you just confront them head on, or have some other method to let them know that you notice they are missing? Know you are busy but would appreciate any input. Thanks, JON